6.10.2009

He 's Here!!!


Benjamin Brock Harmon was born Saturday the 6th at 8:52pm. He weighed 7lbs 14oz, was 20 1/4 inch longer and has just a tiny bit of hair that is white. He is beautiful and we are so happy he is here. Zoey is fascinated with him. She loves looking at his toes and fingers and everything is little to her. She loves him already and is concerned and asks "whats wrong with baby Ben?" when he cries. She is already a great big sister and will continue to be.

For those of you wanting to know how labor went, here goes the story.

We went into the hospital around 3:30 pm on Saturday. I was at a 5cm so they started to set up the room. Around 5:00, I think, they come in to give me the epidural. It only went to my right side. The anesthesiologist, Bryce was not impressed with him, kinda of kept saying "well, give it a little bit longer and you can push this button for more medicine 2 times in one hour, but it will take about 15 minutes to feel the effect". Well, it never worked and I could feel every contraction on my left side. So that anesthesiologist left. Bryce thinks he was at the end of his shift and didn't care because he was going home soon. In came another one, who at first we were scared of because the first thing she said was about Bryce and my mom eating Subway and the smell would make my stomach make acids and it was not good for me. So she was kinda of mean at first but they decided to do the epidural again. After that I loved her. She was very nice and stuck around basically until she knew for sue that the epidural worked, which of course I was very thankful for. So, by the time that all got working, I was at a 8cm so they decided to break my water, which didn't take much at all to break. It wasn't much longer after that is when I started pushing. I pushed for 40 minutes and he was there. Apparently our children do not come out a normal way. When Zoey was born she flew out. I pushed her head out and then she flew out like a dolphin, as Bryce would explain and sprayed baby juice all over him. So with Ben, Bryce made sure he stayed clear of the baby juice and was up by my head. When Ben came out he was face up, which is unusual. Then as the doctor got one shoulder out, he twisted completely around as he came out. The doctor said she wished she had that recorded and could watch that again because it was very odd.

Anyway, we are both doing very well. He is a very good baby and sleeps very well. Enjoy the pictures!!!

8 comments:

House of Howells said...

Hey Shantel, I just found your blog looking at someone else's. Congrats on the little boy, he looks adorable and I'm glad eventually everything worked out for you as far as the drugs go. He looks adorable, hope all is going well for you guys.

Bryan and Karalee said...

Congratulations! I love babies, and Ben looks so cute! Im glad to hear everything went well for you guys, and that little Ben is doing okay. I beat Zoey will love having him around! It will be so fun to watch as they grow together and become friends.
Congrats again. We really love and miss you guys. Give baby Ben kisses from me!

Mike and Angie Rockwood said...

I enjoyed looking at the pictures of your cute little family. Congrats on your new baby boy!!!

*Shan said...

He's a handsome one! Well done Shantel...labor is never easy. Bryce, Subway sandwiches? Really?! Congrats you two, he's a wonderful addition to the gene pool! Zoey, you are going to be one fabulous big sister. Ben is a very lucky boy.

Jessica said...

I can't see the pictures! Sad! Well, glad things went well...I miss you and look forward to meeting the little guy!

Dalling Family said...

Congrats! He is a keeper!

matt and marlise said...

yay! congratulations! i'm happpy for you guys! love ya!

Anonymous said...

He's really cute, congratulations! I hope you don't mind me checking out your blog, which is very cute, by the way. Feel free to check out mine when you have the time!
www.trevorandlalijohnson.blogspot.com